What are the changes that bassmaster is making for the 2024 Open Season
Here are the changes that B.A.S.S. is making for the year 2024:
- Live Coverage: All nine 2024 St. Croix Bassmaster Opens Series tournaments will feature live coverage.
- Increased Payouts: Anglers will compete for increased payouts. Based on a full field of 225 anglers in the pro division, the payout for each Opens event will total more than $332,500. The prize payouts for every tournament will also increase, with the top 45 anglers — one in five competitors — in each event earning a check.
- Angler of the Year Purse: There will be a new Angler of the Year purse of $110,000, which includes an increased first-place cash prize of $45,000.
- Expanded Coverage: Live coverage from all nine Bassmaster Opens will be streamed on Bassmaster.com, with expanded coverage for the 2024 season on FS1, FS2, Tubi, and the Fox Sports digital platforms. This will allow fishing fans to follow the competition closely.
- Bassmaster Opens Elite Qualifiers Division: Anglers in this division will be competing for the combined Angler of the Year purse. The EQ Division designation goes to those anglers who are competing in all nine St. Croix Bassmaster Opens and is the only path to earning an Elite Series invitation through the Opens.
- Increased Attention to Opens EQ Format: The new Opens EQ format was well-received last season, and with the new changes, B.A.S.S. expects the Opens to be even more popular.
These changes highlight B.A.S.S.’s commitment to serving the bass fishing community and providing the best possible platform for anglers.
For more information visit bassmaster.com
the changes B.A.S.S. are making include: increased coverage, increased payouts, new angler of the year purse, expanded coverage, Elite qualifier division, and more attention to Opens EQ format