Former FLW Tour Pro Champion Glenn Browne passed away earlier this year after his battle with cancer. He was 43 years old. He is survived by his wife Melissa. October 19, 2019, Lakes Harris features the Glenn “GB” Browne Memorial Bass Fishing Tournament. This event is hosted by Xtreme Bass Series.
October 19, 2019 Sunday October 20, 2019
Time: 5:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST. Takeoff at Sunrise. Weight in at 2:30 pm
Location: Venetian Gardens/Ski Beach 201 East Lake Harris Drive Leesburg, FL 34748
Summary: Bass fishing tournament to raise money for the Suwanee River Cancer Awareness Association and Marion County Youth Bassmasters Association. There will be a silent auction at the end of the tournament.
How To Register: Download Registration Form here or check out the Facebook Event or you can register the morning of the event. Or call Melissa Browne (352) 601-7951. If you are going to register let Melissa Browne know if possible
Entry Fee: $120 Early Registration $150 the morning of per boat. Credit Cards and Cash Accepted
Prizes: Tournament T-Shirt, Trophy compliments of James Hatch at Energy Vision and Ross Myers with Bass Trophies Online. Fitzgerald rod and reel for lowest weight on a bag of 5 fish.
Food and items to support the cause will be available for purchase at the event. All proceeds go to Suwanee River Cancer Awareness Association and Marion County Youth Bassmaster Association. There will be a raffle held at the event. Bring cash, tickets are 2 for $5, 5 for $10, 15 for $20, 40 for $40. Some of the items up for auction:
- Vizio 50 inch 4K ultra HD picture smart TV
- 10 custom GB tournament tumblers
- VEXAN fishing and Vernon Kemp rods and weigh bags
- Lowrance HDS7 Live
- ARK Rods rods, shirts and hat
- Glenn Browne engraved Super Duty Real
- 2 life vests, a cooler, 2 costa sunglasses gift certificates, tumblers, and a battery charger compliments of Toho Marine
- BB Custom Jigs
- Rods & reels compliments of Enigma Fishing
- Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits
- A signed Bryan Thrift jersey compliments of Fitzgerald Rods
- A Power Pole
- Gator’s Big Bass Guide Service guided trip for 2
- Lew’s hats and shirts for raffles and a rod and reel combo
- Jason Haynes full day guide trip
- Gill Reaper Lures
- Catch Commanders compliments of Mike Blocher
- Megabass lures and apparel
- Ranger Boats, shirts, hats and gift cards for ranger apparel
- 5 oil changes compliments of Firestone Ocala
- River2Sea stickers, lures, and accessories
- And Much Much More.
Quality Inn Leesburg Chain of Lakes
1392 W N Blvd, Leesburg, FL 34748
A discounted tournament rate of $70 per night is available. Please call this number directly and mention the Glenn Browne Memorial Fishing tournament. A block of rooms has been reserved for both Friday and Saturday night.
This hotel can accommodate 15-20 boats if unhitched and/or parked correctly. They have 12 outdoor outlets for charging your trolling motors and also allow anglers to plug outlets into the ground floor rooms and run extension cords out the windows.
Cut off date for booking September 30th.
For more information about The Harris Chain of Lakes check out this article.
10/14/2019 Update From Melissa Browne
Flights will be as follows:
1-25 3 pm
*We will have the scale open at 2:30 if you want to come in early or have fish that are under strain.
* There will be no size restrictions for a weighable bass. You can bring them to any size big or small.
* We will be using our weigh bags for weigh in to control the flow of anglers. Don’t want to see 30 teams in line with a bag full of bass.
* We will have guys checking boats that come by water just let us know when you check-in and get your boat chip.
* We will be calling boat numbers from the bank by Microphone at morning launch. (Please take note that Boat Number one will be in memory Of Glenn so we will ask everyone to turn the outboards off and a moment of silence before we resume calling boat numbers.)
* In the afternoon we will have a check boat in the water for you to Check-in before coming to the scales. Please allow enough time to check in before your allotted time.
* I will give everyone my phone number on a flight sheet the morning of launch. If for some reason you go home early and don’t weigh in please text me your boat number so I know you are off the water safely. Please and thank you…
* There will be pulled pork lunches available for purchase with all proceeds going to support the charities.
*After Weigh-in we will announce the winners and payout the money.
*Once the money is handed out we will then proceed with the raffle items which you won’t want to miss out on.
* Most important thing!!!! REMEMBER WHILE WE ARE ALL HERE AND HAVE AN INCREDIBLE TIME.
TOURNAMENT UPDATE 10/18
TOURNAMENT UPDATE: we have made the decision to move the tournament to Sunday. Safety is our number one concern, we do not want anyone to get hurt.
Times will be the same for Sunday. We will remain at Ski beach for the event.
Please spread the word via Facebook texts and phone calls. I will be personally making phone calls to all registered.
I’m happy to grant refunds for those who cannot make it Sunday. Please reach out to me via a private message or phone call.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to call me. 813-363-5266